Mid Semester Updates

The spring semester at Holy Cross is always jam packed with awesome events and summer planning for students all around Holy Cross. Recently, I’ve taken part of all those as a general member with different RSO’s, e-board members, and student on campus. Below are a few things I’ve been a part of this semester and a few others that I’m looking forward to soon.

Noche Latina

Last week I was a part of LASO’s annual Noche Latina as a dancer for the Baile Folklorico Mexicano ensemble. Dancing Baile Folklorico alongside my peers was an incredibly fun learning experience, and this was my second time performing for Noche Latina! General members are reached out to by the end of the first semester and the first half of the second semester is filled with rehearsals and planning for the one night event in April each year.

Baile folklorico ensemble alongside Yesenia Gutierrez ’21, Helen Escobar ’22, and Deysi Bautista ’22

Breaking the Closet

We broke!  A literal! Closet!

This year I helped co-plan the (3rd) annual breaking the closet for Pride with my roommate Britt Axelson ’21. At the event people shared and wrote monologues about their experiences being a queer person in and out of Holy Cross.

#Hired #CrusaderIntern

Thanks to the Crusader Internship Fund I was able to apply to and choose an internship of my interest without worrying about whether the internship was paid or not. The CIF provides support for students with unpaid internships who are in their second or third year at Holy Cross. While it is competitive program, the Career Development office offers many opportunities to support students on their application.

This summer I will be interning at the Women’s Foundation back home in Kansas City, MO. I have a great interest in working in the non-profit sector and this will be my first hands on experience with it. As an intern I will be working with the grant research and fundraising team

New York!

I recently applied and was admitted to the New York Semester program for the Spring 2020 semester during my junior year. Through the program, I will be interning at an NGO, conducting my own research for a capstone and taking a seminar on leadership. All components of the program will be transferred as credit at Holy Cross! The research topic done through the program is completely up to the student. My hope is to do work with oral histories by conducting interviews with a specific population of people.

The New York Semester and Washington D.C. Semester programs orientation was held this past Saturday at the JCC. Pictured is the meal I had alongside my official orientation packet for the program.